Friday, January 28, 2011

Kochur Loti with Kala Chana



I had frozen kochur loti which I had to finish before I shifted my apartment and I decided to pair it with kala chana dal, another ingredient in excess which needed to be finished.

Ingredients:-
1 cup kochur loti
1/2 cup kala chana soaked overnight
1 tsp kala jeera,
2 green chillis slit
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp jeera powder
1 tsp coriander powder
salt to taste
3 tbsp vegetable oil

Process:-
Pressure cook or microwave the kala chana till tender. Heat some water with salt in a saucepan. Add the kochur loti and let it simmer for a few minutes. Drain it. In a kadhai, heat the oil and when hot add the kala jeera. Next add the green chillis. Next add the kala chana dal and the other spices. Stir for a couple of minutes. Then add the kachur lati and stir for another couple of minutes. Cover with a lid. Add a few drops of water if needed. Cook for another 5 minutes in low heat. Serve with plain rice.

No comments:

Post a Comment